AV&C, an award winning creative technology studio, seeks a top tier AV/Media Systems design engineer to lead the design, development, and implementation of unique media & interaction installations in the built environment. This is a full time position, in our Tribeca, NYC offices.
- Work very hard and have fun creating custom technology solutions for blue-chip brand and architectural clients, globally.
- Are a multidisciplinary group of designers, technologists & creative coders who leverage cutting edge technical approaches to do our creative bidding, and accomplish unprecedented outcomes in both temporary and permanent installations.
- Contribute to amazing projects with top shelf collaborators for world class clients & brands.
- Draw on expertise in fields ranging from AV & IT systems, show control, custom electronics, embedded systems, sensors & machine vision, industrial automation, etc to create highly custom, purpose built systems that enable our software layers to deliver a designed user experience.
- Have mastery in combining proven and emerging AV and IT technologies into robust integrated systems that enable powerful experiences.
- Have excellent visual and written communication skills - from early hand sketches and memos to fully coordinated drawing sets and specification reports, the ability to clearly communicate the requirements of a project to clients, partners, and internal teams is of the utmost importance.
- Understand the architect/engineer workflow and construction process, and the ways technology systems design & integration projects fold into the built environment.
- Have extensive experience reading, creating, and directing others in producing 2D/3D Architectural and Technical CAD drawings.
- Value collaboration in an interdisciplinary environment combining creative & technical talents from many backgrounds.
- Are proficient in 2D drafting in Vectorworks or AutoCAD, with basic 3D Modeling skills in Vectorworks / AutoCAD / 3ds Max / Rhino / Sketchup a big plus.
- Are unfailingly creative in approaching design problems, while grounding all your work on a solid technical/reality foundation.
- Have the initiative and work ethic of someone who excels in a fast paced environment with highly motivated people doing world class work while having a blast.
- Have 4+ years of relevant professional experience
- Are permitted to work legally in the US
- Take a lead role in the system design phases of the project
- Work with systems designers, systems engineers, and technicians while collaborating with creative, experience, and software design team members.
- Support the pre-sales concepting and budgeting process
- Consult with our clients and their teams on early concepts
- Design, Document, and Validate the implementation of project systems through integration, installation, commissioning and final hand-off.
This is a full time position with benefits, and salary commensurate with experience. Part time and project engagements may be considered.
- Respond via email, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject line must include your name and "2016 F/T SSD"
- Include salary history
- All application materials attached must be submitted in PDF format